Learn more about us at Guidestar.com Non profit ID 38-3562588
165 cats and dogs adopted to new families
424 spay/neuter surgeries on pets in low income families
425 animals living with 148 families helped with pet food
$3,436 raised for Shelter House to help the pets of families in need.
Your donations make a difference and go directly to help the animals. Four programs: fostering, pet food assistance, spay/neuter assistance, and Shelter House account for 92 percent of our budget. We have no paid staff, no building, no utility bills, and no wasted supplies. What we do have are very dedicated volunteers, fantastic veterinarians, and a great support network. None of this would be possible without you.
- 153 cats came into our care
- 165 went to new homes (we rehomed more cats than were taken in by decreasing the number of foster cats in our care 2016 over 2015)
- 4 orphaned newborn kittens passed away in our care
- Live release rate 108%*
- 165 cat/kitten adoptions
- 62% were kittens less than 5 months old
- 38% were kittens/adults over 5 months old
* A shelter’s ‘Live Release Rate’ is the number of live outcomes divided by the number of total outcomes. SOS Animal Rescue gives every cat in our care the time and support they need to find a loving home. However, because we take in some very vulnerable and sick cats and kittens – including newborn orphaned kittens – some of the cats in our care do pass away or are humanely euthanized to end suffering due to incurable disease.